Creating videos with The Sketch Effect is a fun, exciting way to build video marketing assets that drive sales and maximize communication efforts for your business. Here’s your guide to whiteboard animation videos and what to expect when working with whiteboard animation companies like The Sketch Effect.
What Is a Whiteboard Animation Video?
Whiteboard animation features filmed footage of an artist creating illustrations on camera in our Whiteboard video studio.
Whiteboard explainer videos are ideal for sharing on your brand’s social media pages, hosting on your website, or featuring on an internal company intranet. These videos are typically created to help sell your products or services, educate your customers, improve internal communication, convey complex or important ideas, and provide better user engagement.
Other Types of Animation Styles
In addition to whiteboard animation, The Sketch Effect offers two additional types of video animation styles including motion graphics and 2d animation.
Why Animated Explainer Videos Are So Popular
Animated explainer videos have gained popularity exponentially in the last several years, especially now that many teams are working remotely. Compared to live-action videos, whiteboard video production is cheaper, easier to create, and in many cases, easier for your target audience to digest and retain. Best of all, they are easily customizable to match your brand.
How Whiteboard Video Production Can Be Used
- Corporate videos for internal communication
- Employee training videos
- Educational resources
- Creating brand awareness
- Social media engagement
- Video marketing and sales
- Products or services demos
What to Know About Working with a Whiteboard Video Company
Hiring a whiteboard video company you trust is critical. When a reputable and professional team works with you, the process goes more smoothly and creates a more valuable final product. You’ll also have a definite understanding of what to expect in terms of length, cost, and the process of creating videos.
The Dangers of Hiring Fiverr & Freelance Animation Companies
While freelance scriptwriters, video editors, and the like will scramble to pick up your project, there are some concerns when hiring contractors independently or through third-party animation companies like Fiverr.
For example, these contractors may advertise skills they don’t really have, costing you time and money and potentially leaving you with a less-than-stellar final product. They also may not have proven processes, the ability to manage a production schedule, or experience in your field. Worst of all, they may use stock imagery and stock animations to create your video, resulting in a sterile final product that looks like every other video out there.
What Is the Average Length and Scripted Word Count of a Whiteboard Explainer Video?
The Sketch Effect team estimates that the average number of voiceover words (VO) per minute of video length is approximately 150 words. Most videos we create are between 1:00 and 5:00 long, which can range anywhere between 150 to 750 words.
How Much Does Whiteboard Video Production Cost?
How much a whiteboard explainer video costs varies greatly depending on a number of different factors. For example, 2D animation is the least expensive type of animation The Sketch Effect offers, while motion graphics are the highest quality but also the most expensive. Whiteboard animation is a happy medium.
Factors that affect cost are video length, total number of scripted words, if you are providing a voiceover or if it will be recorded for you, etc. Our team will go over your ideas in detail with you before offering a project quote that ideally fits both your needs and budget.
What to Expect When You Create Whiteboard Animation Videos with The Sketch Effect
When you create videos with a whiteboard animation studio like The Sketch Effect, it’s a good idea to have a basic understanding of what to expect and what you can do to help create a polished final product.
How Our Team Works With You
- Brainstorming. The Sketch Effect wants to know what your vision is for the final product. Be ready to brainstorm ideas for your whiteboard explainer video. This includes discussing your audience, your desired outcome, branding, tone, and more.
- Scripting. Good corporate videos require a talented scriptwriter who can take often complex ideas and present them in a style that is easy to understand for consumers. We take your message and draft a script that’s concise, clear, conversational, and ultimately drives towards your goal. We’ll work with you to revise and edit the script until it’s ready to go.
- Voiceover. After the script is finished, it’s time for a recorded voiceover. Depending on the type of videos you’re making, you may want to record the voiceover yourself, or you may want to hire a professional voice actor. We help source several options for you to choose from.
- Storyboard. This is the part of the whiteboard video production process where the script gets turned into a frame-by-frame plan for the finished video. The goal is to get the overarching visual narrative and main concepts on paper. Again, we work with you to revise the storyboard until it meets your needs. Be sure to offer your genuine feedback and if any changes need to be made, now is the time to speak up.
- Illustration. At this point, we take the final storyboard and create custom illustrations in our studio. We use no stock imagery and never cut corners. Every illustrated asset of your video is custom-made for your video alone.
- Final Edit. Finally, we edit it all together, adding music, sound effects, animation and more. It takes a lot of effort on both sides to reach the stage where a final product is ready to be reviewed and approved by the client. Ideally, this should be quick and easy and only require the final green light.
How Long Does It Take to Finish a Whiteboard Animation Project?
Generally, it takes The Sketch Effect team six (6) to eight (8) weeks to complete a whiteboard animation project from start to finish. However, there are some things that can speed up or slow down this process, such as how long or complicated the video is, how long it takes to get feedback in between rounds of edits, and if legal review is required.
Don’t Settle for Amateur Whiteboard Animation Companies — Call The Sketch Effect Today
At the Sketch Effect, we know that collaborating with our clients as a team works better than just delivering generic videos devoid of the client’s own brand and personality. We work closely with our clients one-on-one to help them create whiteboard videos that showcase their products or services in the best light.
Contact us today to learn more or to speak with our whiteboard video production team.