Book an In-Person Graphic Recorder Today
Book a Virtual Graphic Recorder Today
Tell us about your virtual meeting, concerns and your ideas
Summary Board - Standard Package
Summary Board - Deluxe Package
Tell us how we can inspire you!
Welcome! You have arrived at a website operated by The Sketch Effect, or our affiliates (“The Sketch Effect,” “we”, “our” or “us”). The Sketch Effect is a talented team of creative and operational rockstars dedicated to making ideas understandable and actionable through awesome visual communication.
At The Sketch Effect, we take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the types of personal information (as defined below) that we collect, how we use it, how and when we share it, and the rights you have with respect to your information. It also explains how we communicate with you and how you can make inquiries and requests to us about your information. We strive to help you understand how we use your information to improve our products, services, marketing, and interactions with you, as part of our commitment to maintaining your trust.
This Notice applies when you use or access the website, www.thesketcheffect.com, and its subdomains or portals (the “Site”); or otherwise provide Personal Information or interact with us online or in-person. For the purpose of this Notice, “Personal Information” means any personal information relating to an identified or identifiable individual that is protected by applicable privacy laws. We refer to all of the above as “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to our Terms of Service.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Information We Collect
This section describes what information we collect from you through our Site and Services. We may receive information (including Personal Information) in the following ways:
Information That You Provide to Us
As you interact with our Site and Services, we collect Personal Information via the online chat function and webforms or inputs/uploads on our Site, and through telephone calls, letters, emails and other communications with you. We collect information such as:
- Contact and account information such as your first and last name, email address, home or business address, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and password;
- Financial information such as your credit card or debit card number, bank account information and your payment, service and purchase history;
- Information conveyed to us via our online webinars or online courses;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Site and other service (such as tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us);
- If you apply for employment with us, your current or past employment or educational information, as well as references and referrals provided to us in connection with your employment applications; and/or
- Other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally or identify your household or device.
Your decision to provide us with Personal Information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Site or our Services.
Information That Is Automatically Collected
Like many businesses, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site and Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, settings and behavior, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- The areas within the Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your Device location or other location information, including the zip code, state or country from which you accessed the Services;
- Your Device characteristics;
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Site or other information used to provide analytics or other usage information;
- Information about your engagement with our emails; and
- Statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Site and Services. This aggregate information is derived from Personal Information but cannot be tied back to you or your web browser.
Information Collected from Third Parties
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for business and commercial purposes, including to provide the products and services you request, to perform customer service functions, for security and fraud prevention, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to perform website analytics.
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including to:
To Provide Our Services
We process certain personal information when you access or use our services, including to:
- process your purchases of, or requests for, products and services;
- register and verify user accounts;
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications, including payment-related functionality; and
- customize experiences and personalization when you are on our Site.
To Communicate with You
We process certain information in order to communicate with you in relation to your accounts, our Services, our marketing, and your requests, including to:
- communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, and contests;
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- post your comments or statements on our Site;
- send you personalized promotions, content, and special offers;
- communicate with you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- implement your communications preferences, such as sharing information with our business partners so that they may email you about their promotions, products and initiatives; and
- provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls.
For Improvement of Our Site and Services
We want to ensure that our Site and Services are continually improving and expanding so that we meet and exceed your needs and expectations. To do so, we may process certain personal information, including to:
- maintain, improve, and analyze our Site, ads, and the products and services we offer; and
- detect, prevent, or investigate suspicious activity or fraud.
To Comply with Applicable Laws
We may be required to process certain personal information under certain laws and regulations, such as tax laws, as well as to:
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and respond to lawful governmental requests, as needed.
To Enforce our Terms, Agreements, or Policies
To maintain a safe, secure, and trusted environment for you when you use our Site and Services, we use your personal information to ensure our terms, policies, and agreements with you and any third parties are enforced.
Evaluate Your Application for Employment
- To evaluate your application for employment or administer employment benefits;
With Your Consent
We may process certain personal information in order to fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
You can alter the configuration of your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but it is possible that doing so may cause limited functionality of the Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or device, and you may need to log in every time you visit.
We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising cookies
- Essential cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Social Media cookies
We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
If you have any questions about cookies or to generally find out more about cookies, visit this site.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Do Not Track
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites and platforms. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals), but there is no universally agreed-upon standard for what the Sketch Effect should do when it detects a DNT signal. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us at any time. To manage your communications preferences with The Sketch Effect — or to opt out of communications entirely — please unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Share Your Information
We share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, online chat functionality, data analysis, information technology, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, event planning and other services. We use Thinkific to power our online courses and store. You can read more about how Thinkific uses your Personal Information here: https://www.thinkific.com/privacy-policy/.
Third Party Advertising
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the following:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://adssettings.google.com
- Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
Aside from the instances described above, we will only share your personal information:
- to comply with the law;
- to respond to claims or comply with legal process served on The Sketch Effect (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant, or court order);
- to enforce or apply our policies or agreements;
- to protect and defend our rights or property or that of our customers, employees, visitors, or the public;
- in connection with a business transfer, sale, liquidation, or merger;
- if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure; and
- with your consent.
Third Party Links
Out Site may contain links to other websites such as social media platforms, other websites, and event and partner websites. These websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Please review the Privacy Notices or Policies of those websites to understand the privacy practices of these third parties.
International Transfers of Data
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this Site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as those in the European Union (“EU”). Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your Personal Information to the United States.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation
This section of our Privacy Notice applies if you are a data subject who resides or is located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We adopted this Policy to comply with European privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Any terms defined in the GDPR have the same meaning when used in this Section. In most instances, The Sketch Effect is the data controller for processing Personal Information provided to us through the Site.
We hope to ensure that the Personal Information we possess are always accurate and therefore we encourage you to update your information in your own account in case any changes have occurred. We have listed below the rights that you may be able to exercise in respect of the processing of your Personal Information, subject to applicable law. We take every reasonable step to ensure that the Personal Information that we process are limited to the Personal Information that are reasonably required in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
If you are a resident of or located within the EEA, you have certain data protection rights. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us at the contact information below.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Sketch Effect relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Information:
- Processing of your Personal Information that you provide to us when you interact with our Site or Services, such as watching our videos or purchasing an online class, is necessary to respond to or implement your request prior to entering into a contract with us.
- When you apply for employment through our Site, processing of your contact details and data about your employment history and education (as needed to evaluate your job application, to conduct job interviews, and as is otherwise needed for recruitment) is necessary to respond to your request to process your application for employment. If you do not provide this data, we will not be able to process the application that you send through our Site.
- We use account-related data to set up accounts for users in our platform and to administer and support those accounts (such as usernames, email address and billing information), provide you with access to the Services, contact you regarding your use of the Services or to notify you of important changes to the Services. Such use is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
- We will send you information by email on our new services or other promotions only with your consent or if you otherwise opt-in to receiving those communications. If you do not provide us with your consent to the processing of your Personal Information for this purpose, we will not send you this information. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time as described below.
- Our use of data relating to your use of the Site and/or the Services, described above, is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the Site and the Services are being used by you, to improve your experience on it and our Services offerings. We have also a legitimate interest in aggregating and/or anonymizing the information that we collect through our Site and/or the Services and using this information for our business purposes, as described above. When we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you, and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, unless we have your consent or those activities are otherwise required or permitted to by law. You have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests, as further described below.
Retention of Personal Information
The Sketch Effect will retain your Personal Information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third-party data storage providers.
Exercising Your Rights Under GDPR
If applicable, you may exercise any of your rights under the GDPR by submitting a verifiable data subject request to us by using the contact details below. You may make a request related to your Personal Information or on behalf of someone for which you have authorization. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a citizen or resident of the EEA by including your country of citizenship or residence in your request. We may require you to confirm your identity and/or legal standing for the request as well as your residency in the EEA in order to obtain the information. We will respond to your request within 30 days or let you know if we need additional time.
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests, and we may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your data (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority; however, we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your Personal Information first by contacting us as follows:
The Sketch Effect
1037 Monroe Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Our Site and Services are not directed at children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect or receive Personal Information from them. If we learn that we have received Personal Information from a child who is under 18, we will delete the data. If you believe that we have received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of that information.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. We will post all changes to this Privacy Notice on this page and will indicate at the top of the page the modified notice’s effective date. We therefore encourage you to refer to this page on an ongoing basis so that you are aware of our current privacy notice. If required by the applicable law, we will notify you of the changes. By continuing to use the Site and/or the Services or providing us with information following such a replacement Notice being uploaded, you agree that you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the Privacy Notice as changed.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
The Sketch Effect
1037 Monroe Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Contact number: 404-458-4926