Are you passionate about illustration, concepts, and creatively communicating big ideas? Do you love drawing compelling characters, interesting gestures, and unique concepts? Then we want you to join our team as our next illustrator!
The Sketch Effect is a visual communications studio that provides clients with a suite of services including 2-D, Whiteboard and Motion Graphics animation. We are looking for a talented illustrator who is willing and able to take on a variety of contract illustration work to support these awesome video projects.
Our “house style” is character-heavy, big on concept, fun, light-hearted and corporate friendly. We make videos for the world’s best brands, including Chick-fil-A, Marriott, Facebook and more.
A great illustrator at The Sketch Effect is:
- A quick and confident illustrator, requiring little pre-sketching or revisions to produce quality illustration
- Confident with human anatomy and able to draw stylized (yet anatomically correct) characters, hands, and human movement
- Able to convey a range of emotions for characters
- Able to draw in the house-style, which is somewhere between a newspaper comic and a 90s-era Disney cartoon…with a corporate-friendly twist
- Able to draw quickly and efficiently
- Capable of taking loose concepts from a storyboard and rendering out “client-ready” final illustrations
- Confident with composition, typography, color, and layout
We receive tons of applications to join The Sketch Effect Network, so our hiring process is quite extensive and selective. The first step is filling out the form below. Please make sure to include a relevant portfolio of your illustration work (including some examples from a sketchbook). Once the form is submitted, our team will be in touch regarding next steps if we choose to advance you.
Join the Team!