Whiteboard animation has been gaining popularity over the years as an effective, versatile, and affordable way to create animated marketing and communication videos and engage target audiences. In 2021, this has never been truer and the use of whiteboard explainer videos has essentially exploded now that more people are working remotely than ever before.
Here’s what you should know about whiteboard animation videos, how video animation is changing the communication landscape in 2021, and how to get help creating dynamic, effective whiteboard video marketing and communication assets.
What are Whiteboard Animation Videos?
Whiteboard animation is a type of video style where animated content appears as though it is being hand-drawn live throughout the video on a white background, much like a school or corporate whiteboard. The graphics are simple and easy to comprehend, making it an ideal way to explain complicated information to your target audience.
Character animations in whiteboard videos are accompanied by a voiceover that walks listeners through a specific journey and perfectly aligns with the video sequences. When you create a whiteboard video, you’re creating actionable content that serves a direct communication purpose. Ultimately, this helps you deliver a concise and memorable message to your target audience.
Top Benefits of Whiteboard Explainer Videos
The benefits of customized whiteboard animation include but are not limited to:
- Versatility. The only limits to whiteboard animation videos are your imagination. This makes them one of the most dynamic and versatile forms of video marketing and communication currently available.
- Shareability. Whiteboard animation videos are highly shareable on social media and other platforms to help drive engagement, brand awareness or even internal communications.
- Memorability. Because whiteboard explainer videos are engaging and easy to watch, they’re also memorable. Visual learning is the most effective channel of human learning, and whiteboard videos are at the essence of this. You can be confident that your target audience will be able to retain more critical information after watching a whiteboard video as compared to a live-action or other types of multimedia marketing.
- Affordability. Hand-drawn whiteboard animation is often significantly cheaper than live video recording for nearly every purpose and industry.
How Whiteboard Video Marketing and Communication Is Used
There are several ways whiteboard video marketing can be used, such as:
- For sales and marketing. Today’s consumers both want and demand that brands produce more video content; in fact, video marketing is the top growing, most effective form of online advertising. Using whiteboard graphics to match that expectation is an excellent method to meet consumer expectations in a straightforward, cost-effective manner.
- For employee training. Whiteboard animation can be used in employee training materials to create better onboarding results. Explainer videos present necessary information in easy-to-digest ways, taking far less time to train the employee than when using printed training materials or lectures.
- For rollouts and change management. A Whiteboard animation video is a great way to announce new processes, policies or software, or to explain macro or micro changes within an organization.
Whiteboard explainer videos can also be used to introduce a new topic or explain a new idea to your core audience, summarize and consolidate critical data, or persuade consumers to take action in some way.
Things to Keep In Mind During the Whiteboard Video Production Process
When going through the whiteboard video production process, try to keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep your animations simple. The more graphics and text you add, the more you risk convoluting your message and making it more difficult for your target audience to retain important information.
- Use pops of color to grab viewer attention. The majority of sketch art videos are black and white, but you can also include color — just be sure you don’t oversaturate the video. This can make your video more difficult to consume and too visually busy. Instead, use limited pops of color to highlight key messaging.
- Make sure viewers can immediately identify value. To stay engaged, your audience needs to be able to identify what value the video they’re watching has for them personally. The beginning of your video should clearly present your unique value proposition (UVP) and connect and empathize with viewers. Your content should continue to do so throughout the video.
- Use clear, concise language for voiceovers. Your voiceovers should be easy to understand and keep up with. It should also match the tone of the message and your brand or culture. If you’re recording your own voiceover, you should make sure your speech is neither too slow or too fast. Pause between sentences and paragraphs to allow time for notetaking, even if it feels a little awkward.
How to Create a Whiteboard Animation Video Using Whiteboard Animation Software
It’s possible to create a whiteboard animation video yourself using a whiteboard animation studio. Although these programs are relatively easy to navigate, generally, you’ll need serious graphic design skills if you want a polished final product.
The video production process requires you to plan your storyboard in full, write out your script, ensure your storyboard and script flow together, record your voice-over, and then add the sketch images and GIFs yourself.
Without experience, you may lack the ability to recreate the animation style you like and could end up with a poor finished product.
Get Help Creating Whiteboard Videos With Professional Animation Services From The Sketch Effect
It’s no secret that creating whiteboard videos that look professional and polished is best left to whiteboard animation companies. They have the skills, software, and expertise to create dynamic video marketing and communication assets that can be used and reused by your organization to capture the attention of your target audience, drive traffic, and convert leads.
At The Sketch Effect, hand-drawn whiteboard explainer videos are what we do best. We specialize in creating effective video marketing and educational tools for many purposes and industries and can help your organization better drive your message to your core audience. Contact us today to learn more about our video animation capabilities and let’s create something awesome together!